Body aging is a natural physiological process. Over the years, the mechanisms of work of internal systems change, there is a gradual destabilization of vital functions. One of the most unpleasant consequences of old age is a decrease in sexual activity. In many men, a decline in reproductive function causes feelings of inferiority, causes long-term depression, fear, self-doubt and other psychological problems.
Is it possible to increase potency in men older than 60 and which methods are the most effective?
Signs of initial erectile dysfunction
The decrease in potency comes gradually, while each man has an individual age of onset of changes in the sexual sphere. Depending on the characteristics of the body and lifestyle, an erection may weaken after 45-50 years or, conversely, last until old age. To maintain sexual activity, it is very important to determine the initial impotence as early as possible and take all possible measures.
The main signs of initial problems in the genital area are the following:
- it takes more and more time to start a complete erection;
- the penis fills with blood, but does not reach its usual size and elasticity even at the peak of sexual arousal;
- sensations during intimacy and sexual ejaculation become less vivid;
- after the onset of ejaculation, the penis quickly returns to normal;
- the intervals between sexual intercourse increase, the man needs more and more time to fully recover;
- the skin on the scrotum becomes relaxed and the testicles shrink in size.
Given the natural physiological changes associated with age, potency in men over the age of 60 is considered normal in the presence of periodic spontaneous nocturnal erections and 3-5 sexual intercourses per month.
When the first signs of erectile dysfunction appear, you should consult a urologist to choose the most appropriate way to maintain potency.
Why is the potency reduced?
The main reason that affects the health of men after the age of 60 is the change in hormonal balance. Over the years, there is a decrease in testosterone production and a slowdown in the synthesis of dihydrotestosterone, the most active androgen that affects sperm maturation activity, sexual desire and erection.
Additional factors that cause sexual impotence include the following:
- For many couples, sex after 60 becomes monotonous and becomes a habit. Loss of external attraction of the partner and repetitive poses do not cause enough excitement for a full erection.
- The cause of impotence can be regular physical overload, as well as constant mental stress, stress, family quarrels.
- Often the intimate life in old age fades due to the presence of bad habits and overeating.
- Lack of motor activity leads to the development of stagnant processes and impaired blood flow in the pelvic area.
- Some chronic diseases of the kidneys, bladder, nervous and cardiovascular systems can worsen the situation and increase the risk of sexual impotence.
Strengthening potency in men after 60 years
How to improve erectile function in old age?
Due to the physiological changes that occur in the body, it is much harder for a mature man to regain potency than for a young one. This requires an integrated approach, including correcting diet, daily routines and physical activities, taking medication, performing exercises, etc.
Treatment of impotence in men after 60 years
In most cases, improving erectile function in old age is impossible without drug therapy. First of all, it is necessary to examine the presence of concomitant diseases that cause sexual impotence, and carry out the necessary treatment.
Since the main reason for the decrease in sexual activity is hormonal imbalance, many men are advised to take drugs that increase the concentration of androgens. Testosterone enanthate is most often used for this purpose, which is given intramuscularly once every two weeks. Drugs to increase the concentration of hormones are also available in the form of tablets, ointments, patches.
Treatment of impotence after the age of 60 with the use of drugs that stimulate testosterone production should be carried out exclusively under medical supervision with periodic monitoring of hormone levels.
Besides,treatment of male potencymay require the use of:
- medicinesto relieve cramps from peripheral blood vessels (Yohimbine, Doxazosin, Omnic, Tamsulosin);
- antidepressants(if potency problems are related to psychology and psyche);
- erectile stimulantswhich improve blood flow to the penis: phosphodiesterase inhibitors, dietary supplements, products based on natural extracts;
- vitamin complexes, which will enhance the effect of the main drugs and provide an overall improvement in the condition.
Which potency enhancer in old age is best to choose?
Choosing a remedy for impotence at the age of 60 should only be a specialist. This is due to the presence of contraindications and limitations for many drugs. The man should also follow the recommendations regarding the dose and regularity of taking the medication.
Gymnastics for men after 60 years of impotence
The stability of the erection largely depends on the condition of the coccygeal-pubic muscle. To restore potency and prevent sexual dysfunction, it is necessary to perform special gymnastics every day to train the pelvic floor muscles.
Physical exercises for men older than 60 should include pelvic rotations, walking in a place with raised knees, squats, walking on the buttocks, bending the torso.
You can use special complexes designed to improve blood circulation in the pelvic veins and maintain muscle fiber tone. MostThe Kegel complex is considered effective. It includes a few simple exercises that you need to do 2-3 times a day. According to surveys, the benefits of such activities are visible after 4-6 weeks of daily training.
How to increase potency in men folk remedies at the age of 60 years
In addition to the course of medication, you can also use folk methods to improve erections. The most effective means are:
- Alcoholic tinctures of ginseng root, eleutherococcus, dead bees. In addition to affecting the reproductive system, they have a general strengthening, strengthening immunity, improving the work of the nervous system and toning.
- A mixture of walnuts, ginger, honey and bee bread. Daily intake will providerestoring potency after 60 years. The products that make up the mixture also contain a large amount of vitamins necessary for the normal functioning of all body systems.
- Herbal teas and decoctions of wild rose, thyme, Dubrovnik, nettle, plantain, calamus. Mixtures of medicinal herbs have a complex cumulative effect, which allows you to increase potency and maintain the achieved effect for a long time. In adulthood, instead of the usual black or green tea, you can use drinks from a mixture of tea leaves with medicinal plants.
Despite the fact that the use of herbal tinctures, decoctions and teas has virtually no contraindications, you should consult a urologist before use.
How to increase a man's potency after 60 years of diet?
There are a number of products that can positively affect the functioning of the reproductive system. This includes:
- quail eggs;
- natural honey;
- whole grain beans and cereals;
- seafood and fatty marine fish species;
- cottage cheese;
- cabbage (parsley, dill, celery).
Daily consumption of fresh fruits, vegetables, natural juices, green tea will help increase potency. In adulthood, it is recommended to reduce the amount of salt consumed, spices, pickles, hot sauces, fatty and high-calorie foods. If possible, refuse sausages, muffins, sweets, strong coffee, fatty meat.
Such a diet will not only improve the general condition of the body, but will also help in the fight against excess weight, which is one of the factors of early sexual dysfunction.
How to maintain potency until old age
Attention, warmth and contact with other people, including physical ones, are necessary at any age. Older people need intimacy just as much as they did when they were younger. To prolong sexual activity and not become impotent for as long as possible, four basic rules must be followed:
- Take care of your health. Smoking cessation and excessive drinking, timely treatment of chronic diseases and prolongation of the remission period will significantly increase the chances of maintainingmale powerin old age.
- avoid abstinence. Regular sex will help fight impotence. You should try to diversify your sex life and not take long breaks between sex. All this will allow you to experience a great orgasm after 60 years.
- Take care of your weight and eat properly. With age, the body's metabolism slows down. To maintain a stable body weight, you need to revise your diet.nutrition. Every day the body must receive enough vitamins, minerals and other essential substances for the body.
- Movement. Daily physical activity contributes to normal blood circulation and tissue oxygenation. Walking, moderate physical activity, special exercises will help maintain good physical shape, which is very important for maintaining sexual activity.
Love, accompanied by full sex, is possible at almost any age. Compliance with the advice of experts, careful attitude to your health, correction of lifestyle and diet, giving up bad habits - all this will help maintain potency until old age.
The sex life of the elderly has many advantages. A 60-year-old man is much more experienced as a lover than in his youth: he knows how to satisfy himself and his partner, has no unrealistic expectations and is free of many stereotypes. If in youth, young people are mostly focused on their feelings, then with age, a more careful attitude towards women appears, thanks to which sex with a man over 60 can bring much more pleasure.